Location: New York
The Accounting Supervisor will supervise the general accounting area of the company.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for, billing, accounts payable, collections, and budget preparation.
- Oversees Accounting operations on a day to day basis.
- Assists with recruiting and hiring Accounting staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Implements training for new hires and identifies training opportunities for current staff.
- Oversees the system of internal controls over Accounting functions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly financial statements and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assists external auditors and provides required statements and information for the annual audit.
- Reviews budget reports and assists in preparing annual budgets.
- Assists with the preparation of the corporate tax return.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Provides financial analysis in relation to project accounting.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Assists department with weekly audits of project setup and proposal conversions.
- Ad hoc reporting
- Assisting various accounting areas during heavy processing periods.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced experience with Deltek Vision Project Accounting software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- CPA desired
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.