Location: New York
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Digital Design Technology Director to join our growing organization in our New York City headquarters, conveniently located in the financial district.
The director of Digital Design Technology will oversee all corporate digital design activities and establish the firms overall technological vision pertaining to the planning, strategizing, training and development of (BIM) Building Information Modeling and (CAD) Computer Aided Design systems. Stays current with new technologies that could provide us with a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Provides the technical knowledge and expertise required to streamline operations and allow support teams to function at optimum efficiency.
- Manage and Direct BIM/CAD Teams Production Activities
- Oversee and direct BIM/CAD standards development, implementation and enforcement
- Coordinate the deployment of new BIM/CAD version releases
- Develop and maintain comprehensive CAD User Manuals and BIM Protocol’s documentation
- Keep up to date on all industry trends and best practices for Revit Structure and AutoCAD
- Manage the allocation of production staff to effectively meet project schedules and deadlines
- Establish procedures to optimize workflow and perform daily tasks productively and efficiently
- Provide Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QA/QC) reviews of the production process
- Develop effective, internal & external, BIM/CAD training and continuing education procedures to maintain software competency
- Formulate and recommend operational policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation
- Conduct industry research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability and effectiveness of implementation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Math or Computer Science plus five years specialized technical drafting knowledge
- Minimum 15+ years BIM/CAD production experience preferably in a structural engineering organization
- Proficient programming skills in Auto lisp, Visual Lisp, Visual Basic for Applications and VB .net
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills plus database management and record keeping
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.