DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking an Enclosure Inspector for our Miami office. The Inspector will represent DeSimone at project coordination meetings and perform visits to project sites, ensuring compliance with Contract Documents, approved shop drawings, and submissions. This position also involves writing reports of each visit informing the project team of all relevant events.
- Comprehend building enclosure systems and construction phases, including wall, waterproofing and roofing systems
- Perform on-site inspections
- Produce daily inspection reports of project related activity and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure timeliness of project completion
- Ensure compliance with local laws and building codes
- Communicate directly with clients and project management teams
- Update Project Manager on progression of work, status, scheduling and timeline for completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of building enclosure inspection experience
- 10 hour OSHA certification
- Good verbal and written communication skills, positive demeanor, and proactive team player
- Ability to effectively utilize architectural drawings
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word
- ICC Certifications
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.