Location: New Haven
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking an Engineer with 0 to 3 years of structural building design experience for a range of project types including low-rise to high-rise buildings, building renovations, and restoration projects in all construction types.
The candidate will provide structural engineering design on a range of projects and assist a senior staff engineer in the completion of day-to-day project work. Work will include design of structural elements, preparation of structural drawings, field investigations, computer modeling of structural systems, and construction administration tasks. Responsibilities will include the application of standard engineering design principles and sound engineering judgment to accomplish work assignments. The candidate will keep clear records of all design calculations and work product.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Structural or Civil Engineering. Master of Science degree a plus.
- Knowledge of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood design codes, as well as local and national building codes required.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills.
- Ability to work in AutoCAD and Revit a plus.
- Relevant experience in structural analysis and design a plus.
- Familiarity with design software including RAM, RISA, ETABS, and SAFE a plus.
- Construction experience a plus.
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(K), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.