Location: New Haven
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking an Engineer with 0 to 3 years of structural building design experience for a range of project types including low-, mid-, and high-rise buildings, building renovations, and restoration projects in all construction types. DeSimone engineers collaborate with industry leading architects, developers, and builders on many iconic and notable projects in the northeast and throughout the country.
The candidate will work closely under the guidance of senior engineers and project managers to assist and carry out a range of design tasks and projects assignments. Work will include the design of foundations and superstructure framing, computer modeling of structural systems, preparation of structural drawings, field investigations, and construction administration tasks. Responsibilities will include the application of standard engineering design principles and sound engineering judgment to accomplish work assignments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, Master of Science degree a plus
- Knowledge of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood design standards, as well as local and national building codes required
- Ability to work in Revit and/or AutoCAD a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills
- Relevant experience in structural analysis and design a plus
- Familiarity with design software including RAM, RISA, ETABS, and SAFE a plus
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues a plus
- Construction experience a plus
DeSimone provides mentoring, continuing education, in-house engineering training seminars, and attendance at industry conferences. DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(K), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.