Location: San Francisco
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking an Engineer for our San Francisco office with structural design experience on mid to high-rise building projects.
The candidate will provide structural engineering design on a range of projects and assist a senior staff member in the completion of day to day projects. Work will include computer modeling of building foundation and superstructure systems, design of structural elements, preparation of structural drawings, and construction administration tasks. Responsibilities will include the application of standard engineering design principles and sound engineering judgment to accomplish work assignments. The candidate will keep clear records of all design calculations and work product.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering. Masters of Science degree a plus.
- One or more years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design.
- Knowledge of concrete, steel and masonry design codes, as well as local and national building codes required.
- Possess extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
- Ability to work in AutoCAD and Revit a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills.
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(K), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.