Location: New York
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is looking for entry level Electrical Engineers to join our New York City Office. During your career at DeSimone, you’ll have the chance to work alongside some of the most talented professionals in the industry. The candidate will work on a variety of engineering projects within the Forensics team, ranging from design to forensic assignments. Design assignments will involve new design, as well as design of repairs for existing buildings. Forensic investigations take place after failures or disasters have happened and entail on-site investigations across the globe as well as desktop reviews of relevant materials.
- Prepare design documents and calculations under the direction and supervision of senior management
- Assist with preparing and reviewing of reports
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel extensively for work
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to learn independently
- Ability to work in adverse field conditions (at height, in confined spaces, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of Revit
- Internship experience with a design firm or a contractor
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.