DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking Facade Consultant to join our Miami, FL office. Qualified candidates will investigate, evaluate, prepare design solutions, and provide construction administration for exterior building facade components, including roofs, walls, windows and waterproofing. Responsibilities include close collaboration with architects, engineers, owners, and developers at all project phases to deliver facade and building envelope systems that address architectural intent, long term performance, sustainability, scheduling, and budget objectives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in architecture, engineering design, or related field
- Experience with a variety of systems and materials, including drawings and diagrams
- Excellent communications skills
- Competency in statics and thermal analysis
- Knowledge of glass products and glass processing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, LBNL-Therm, LBNL-Window, Rhino
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Master’s Degree in architecture, engineering design, or related field
- A minimum of five years of façade design and engineering experience
- Licensure in architecture or engineering, or near completion of the licensure process
- Ability to seek and nurture client relationships
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.