DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Field Engineer for our Boston office.
The Field Engineer will provide full-time representation for DeSimone at project sites, performing QA/QC inspections for rebar and concrete placement and ensuring compliance with the structural documents. The position also involves compiling daily progress reports and submitting project photographs. The candidate will use independent problem solving and decision-making skills to identify and address issues in the field and facilitate coordination between DeSimone’s Project Engineers and construction personnel. The candidate will work closely with and report to Project Manager.
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or related field
- Minimum five years of special inspection or Civil Engineering experience
- Ability to produce progress reports and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure proper implementation of the project design
- Good verbal and written communication skills, positive demeanor and proactive team player
- Bachelors of Science Degree in engineering
- ACI Field Testing Technician Grade 1 and ACI or ICC Concrete Construction Special Inspector certified
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.