DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Forensic Architect to support growing operations of the Forensic Practice.
In addition to their award-winning structural design experience, DeSimone provides technical assistance, analysis and investigative services to the Insurance and Legal communities. With a focus on pre and post-loss investigation, analysis, cause and origin determination, DeSimone’s experienced professionals provides best-in-class service when the built environment is impacted by the adverse conditions.
The ideal candidate should have a proven background in diagnosing building envelope conditions and the design of corresponding repairs. In addition, the candidate should have experience managing investigation and litigation support projects involving damage to structures from accidents, catastrophes, construction defects and/or other adverse conditions. The candidate will be required to coordinate with other team members and project managers on interdisciplinary efforts and in the support of marketing efforts. Candidate should have strong business development skills and an interest in assisting with building a business.
- Bachelor degree in Architecture or related field
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in building envelope investigation and repair design, which includes field experience
- Technical knowledge of building envelope design and repair
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software
- Ability to travel locally and out of region
- Ability to work in adverse field conditions (at height, in confined spaces, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Architecture or related field
- Licensure as a Registered Architect
- NCARB Certification
- Working knowledge of Building Codes, local codes, and the ICC family of codes and applicable reference standard
- Strong technical writing and communication skills and field documentation skill
- Strong technical design and detailing ability
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple medium sized projects and staff
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently or as part of a tea
- Ability to seek and nurture client relationships
DeSimone Consulting Engineers offers an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment with an emphasis on both personal and professional development, where technical excellence and achievement is recognized and rewarded.