Location: New Haven
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Forensic Mechanical Engineer to support growing operations of the Forensic Practice.
In addition to their award-winning structural design experience, DeSimone provides technical assistance, analysis and investigative services to the Insurance and Legal communities. With a focus on pre- and post-loss investigation, analysis, cause and origin determination, DeSimone’s experienced professionals provides best-in-class service when the built environment is impacted by the adverse conditions.
The ideal candidate should have a proven background in diagnosing HVAC and plumbing conditions and the design of corresponding repairs. In addition, the candidate should have experience managing investigation and litigation support projects involving damage to structures from accidents, catastrophes, construction defects and/or other adverse conditions. The candidate will be required to coordinate with other team members and project managers on interdisciplinary efforts and in the support of marketing efforts. Candidate should have strong business development skills and an interest in assisting with building a business.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in mechanical and plumbing design, investigation and repair design, including field experience
- Technical knowledge of mechanical design and repair
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in both manual and software-assisted calculation and analysis
- Ability to work in adverse field conditions (at height, in confined spaces, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software
- Ability to efficiently work on projects independently or as part of a team
- Ability to travel locally and out of region
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer License
- Working knowledge of Building Codes, local codes, and the ICC family of codes and applicable reference standards
- Strong technical writing and communication skills as well as field documentation skills
- Strong design and detailing ability
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple medium sized projects and staff
- Ability to seek and nurture client relationships
DeSimone Consulting Engineers offers an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment with an emphasis on both personal and professional development, where technical excellence and achievement is recognized and rewarded.