Location: New York
DeSimone Consulting Engineering DPC is a growing professional consulting firm founded in 1969. We are an established leader in structural design, forensics, and risk management services. Our inclusive environment and culture of individual development enables us to deliver quality service to our clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Principals and other key stakeholders in your business units to design and deliver targeted solutions, including strategic workforce planning, change management and team building.
- Ability to identify opportunities and partner with the business to drive incremental action.
- Act as a respected and trustworthy resource to employees at every level of the company, while effectively addressing day-to-day issues including communication, management, performance, career development and respect in the workplace.
- Partner with the Vice President of HR in handling employee relations matters that arise with the highest professional standards, providing counseling and coaching to managers and employees; ensuring an expedited and effective resolution.
- Be a trusted advisor and the primary point of contact for leadership – provide within your defined business units coaching, feedback and advice in a proactive and compassionate manner
- Acts as a strategic change agent to push and implement constant improvement across the business
- Manage the full range of day-to-day HR responsibilities for all of your business units/functional organizations and provide day-to-day support and coaching for all of that team’s members to do their best work
- Partner with DeSimone’s internal talent acquisitions team to recruit and retain the best and most qualified candidates. This includes developing accurate job descriptions, collaborate on recruitment strategies, etc.
- Provide strategic direction to your business units with regard to talent planning, performance management, training, retention and succession planning.
- Collect and analyze data relevant to your business units to identify trends and accomplish business outcomes
- Embed with your business units to build trusting relationships with the leaders, managers, and teammates through a deep understanding of their business needs and objectives.
- Ensure that our established onboarding process has been completed and schedule new hires for orientation.
- Assist Vice President of HR with ACA compliance, employee questions regarding company benefits and claims resolution, FMLA LOA’s and resolving problems with carrier benefit enrollment feeds.
- Visa Administration: Assist with immigration issues and maintain Public Access Files
- Performance Management: Help administer the initial and annual employee evaluations, distribute review materials and monitor task completion.
- Collaborate on policies & procedures development. Primarily assist with updating and maintaining the firm’s employee handbook, as well as employee compliance; answer questions regarding the firm’s HR policies and practices.
- Training and Compliance: Assist with the development and administration of an internal training program in areas such as anti-harassment, diversity and inclusion; conduct new employee orientations in-person and online.
- Function as super user for UltiPro’s day-to-day functionality.
- All other tasks as directed and required from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant Human Resources experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in a professional services organization is desirable.
- Exposure to UKG/UltiPro HRIS platform would be preferred.
- Experience with multi-state employment regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proven track record in internal communications.
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone Consulting Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer