Location: New Haven
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Junior BIM Specialist to join the firm’s New Haven office.
The candidate should exhibit competency in BIM to support development, planning, engineering, construction documents and models or other technical services provided by the company. The candidate should also have experience in BIM techniques and procedures.
The candidate will be required to operate a computer to generate BIM models, working drawings, and sketches; assist in the preparation of LOD 300 models, layouts and drawings of concrete, concrete masonry unit, steel and timber structures; review design and confer with engineering staff to verify or resolve details not completely defined; and input required commands to redesign, modify, or otherwise edit existing design under the direction of immediate supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of specialized technical drafting and math training
- Minimum one year BIM operating experience
- General knowledge of the Revit Platform
- Ability to build and concurrently maintain a minimum of 1-3 BIM models in design
- Must be able to operate an auto-graphics (CAD) input station and possess the necessary skills to develop structural working drawings and sketches
- Must be detail oriented with good communication skills
- Must be able to work well individually and as a team
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.