Location: Miami, New Haven, New York
DeSimone is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Forensics practice.
The qualified candidate will assist with performing forensic inspections of structural failures and determine scope of damage and design of corresponding repairs, sometimes including construction administrative services throughout the repair process.
As part of the DeSimone Forensics team, will provide investigation and litigation support on projects involving damage to structures from accidents, catastrophes, construction defects and /or other deficient conditions.
Assist with the preparation of clear and accurate reports outlining the cause and source of failure. Review and design structure(s) to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, strength, and type of structural members, and perform structural analysis of plans. Keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations and project related documentation.
Candidates should have experience with design and remediation of new and existing residential and commercial buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license or ability to obtain
- Ability to travel to project sites
- 10 and 30-hour OSHA certification or ability to obtain
- Three years of experience of relevant experience
- Must have experience with structural modeling and analysis of steel and concrete structures for new or existing buildings
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to communicate with contractors to address construction issues
- Knowledge of building codes including local codes, ICC family codes and standards
- Ability to work with AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills