Location: New Haven
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Project Engineer to join our company with at least three years of structural building design experience for a range of project types including low-, mid-, and high-rise buildings, building renovations, and restoration projects in all construction types. DeSimone engineers collaborate with industry leading architects, developers, and builders on many iconic and notable projects in the northeast and throughout the country.
The Project Engineer will implement standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work. The candidate will coordinate structural engineering design with other design team members, provide input to the Project Manager regarding project planning and scheduling of project components and milestones, and keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations and project related documentation. Work will include the design of foundations and superstructure framing, computer modeling of structural systems, preparation of structural drawings, field investigations, and construction administration tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, Master of Science degree a plus
- Ability to perform design and analysis of low-, mid-, and high-rise buildings utilizing software packages such as ETABS, RAM, RISA, and SAFE
- Extensive knowledge of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood design standards, as well as local and national building codes required
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues
- Ability to work in Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal, problem solving and team skills
- Relevant experience in structural analysis and design a plus
- Construction experience a plus
DeSimone provides mentoring, professional development, in-house engineering training seminars, and attendance at industry conferences. DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(K), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.