Location: New Haven
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Project Engineer to join our New Haven office with structural design experience on mid to high rise building projects.
The Project Engineer will implement standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work. The candidate will coordinate structural engineering design with other design team members, provide input to the Project Manager regarding project planning and scheduling of project components and milestones, and keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations and project related documentation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Structural or Civil Engineering or related field
- Ability to perform design and analysis of mid to high rise buildings utilizing software packages such as ETABS, RAM, RISA, and SAFE
- Extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues
- Ability to work in AutoCAD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal, problem solving and team skills
- Three years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design skills
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.