Location: Las Vegas
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking Project/Senior Project Engineers for our Las Vegas, NV office with structural design experience on mid to high rise building projects.
The Project Engineer will implement standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work. The candidate will coordinate structural engineering design with other design team members, provide input to the Project Manager regarding project planning and scheduling of project components and milestones, and keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations and project related documentation.
The Senior Project Engineer (SPE) will work directly with a Project Manager to aid in managing the structural design process from project inception through construction. Responsibilities will include completing structural analysis, preparing plans and specifications, reviewing contractor submittals, shop drawings, and RFIs. The SPE will oversee production work of junior engineers and CAD technicians. The SPE will coordinate the structural engineering design with the client, project architects, municipal agencies and other design team members.
Qualifications for All Candidates
- Bachelor of Science in Structural or Civil Engineering or related field
- Ability to perform design and analysis of mid to high rise buildings utilizing software packages such as ETABS, RAM, RISA, and SAFE
- Extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues
- Ability to work in AutoCAD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal, problem solving and team skills
Project Engineer Qualifications:
- Three years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design
Senior Project Engineer Qualifications:
- Five years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design of mid to high-rise buildings
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license or ability to obtain
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.