DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Project Manager with experience in structural engineering and design.
The candidate will manage the structural design process from project inception through construction. Will be responsible for completing structural analysis, preparing plans and specifications, reviewing contractor submittals, shop drawings, and RFI’s. Work will require independent problem solving, decision making and the implementation of standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work as well as overseeing production work of junior engineers and CAD technicians. Will coordinate structural engineering design with the Client, project Architects, municipal agencies and other design team members. Will forecast workload and schedules for project team and manage communication and documentation for the project. Technical responsibilities will include the design and analysis of mid- to high-rise buildings utilizing software packages such as ETABS, SAP, and RAM.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum requirements are a Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, Masters in Science or Masters in Engineering preferred.
- Ten or more year’s relevant experience in structural analysis and design of mid- to high-rise buildings
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license
- Will possess extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
- Will have knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues
- Will keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations and project related documentation
- Ability to work in AutoCAD and Revit a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills