DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Project Manager with experience in structural engineering and design.
The candidate will manage the structural design process from project inception through construction. The candidate will also be responsible for completing structural analysis, preparing plans and specifications, reviewing contractor submittals, shop drawings, and RFI’s. Work will require independent problem solving, decision making and the implementation of standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work as well as overseeing production work of junior engineers and CAD technicians. The Project Manager will coordinate structural engineering design with the client, project architects, municipal agencies, and other design team members. They will forecast workload and schedules for the project team and manage communication and documentation for the project. Technical responsibilities will include the design and analysis of mid- to high-rise buildings utilizing software packages such as ETABS, SAP, and RAM.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, Master of Science or Master of Engineering preferred.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design of mid- to high-rise buildings
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues
- The candidate will keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations, and project related documentation
- Ability to work in AutoCAD and Revit a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal, problem solving, and team skills
DeSimone provides professional development, in-house engineering training seminars, and attendance at industry conferences. DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(K), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.