DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Senior BIM Specialist in our Boston office. The Senior BIM Specialist provides competency in BIM modeling to support development, planning, engineering, construction documents and models or other technical services of the company. Attend Meetings with Design team for collaboration.
The Senior BIM Specialist’s major responsibilities include:
- Operating a computer to generate BIM models, working drawings and sketches
- Preparing LOD 350 models, layouts and drawings of concrete, concrete masonry unit, steel and timber structures consisting of plans, elevations, sections and details from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings
- Producing various design options in digital and hard copy, following an engineer’s instructions
- Assisting in resolving a design concept not yet completely defined
- Inputting required commands to complete the tasks outlined above
- May assist in the training of lower level BIM Specialist and/or engineers wishing to improve their BIM skills
- Required to operate a computer with necessary skills to develop working drawings and sketches and as needed
- Working with Existing Building drawings to create sequential construction model media at a LOD 200-300 capacity and documentation using Phasing
- Phasing, Coordinate models with multiple trades to coordinate, resolve and produce construction documents
- Use of Dynamo to create codes at a medium capacity to extract data or generate changes
- Advance Revit Family Creation with nested families and shared parameters
- High School diploma plus four (4) years specialized technical drafting and math training
- Formal BIM training preferred. Minimum Four (4) years BIM experience required
- Extensive Knowledge in Revit Platform. Advance knowledge in creating and editing Revit families
- Built and concurrently maintain a minimum of 8-10 models collaborated with various trades (MEP, Architecture, Landscaping etc.)
- Create and maintain a BIM projects from Schematic Design to Construction Documentation phase
- Knowledge and practical use of Design options and Phasing
- Identify Clash detection of elements with various trades
- Extensive Dynamo visual programming software knowledge to create codes to drive changes in the BIM environment
- Good communications skills and team orientated.
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone Consulting Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer