Location: New York
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Senior BIM Specialist in our New York office.
The main job functions include providing BIM/CAD modeling/drafting to support development, planning, engineering or other technical services of the company. Candidate will operate BIM input station to generate structural models, working drawings and sketches; prepare models, layouts and drawings of concrete and steel structures consisting of plans, elevations, sections and details from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings; produce various design options on the screen and on hard copy, following an engineer’s verbal instructions; assist in resolving a design concept not yet completely defined; and input required commands to complete the tasks outlined above.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum four years specialized technical drafting training or equivalent
- Minimum five years BIM operating experience
- Extensive Knowledge in Revit Platform; advance knowledge in creating and editing Revit families
- Built and concurrently maintain a minimum of 8-10 models collaborated with various trades (MEP, Architecture, Landscaping etc.)
- Create and maintain a BIM projects from Schematic Design to Construction Documentation phase
- Knowledge and practical use of Design options and Phasing
- Identify Clash detection of elements with various trades
- Extensive Dynamo visual programming software knowledge to create codes to drive changes in the BIM environment
- Must be detail-oriented with good communication skills
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment with an emphasis on both personal and professional development, where technical excellence and achievement is recognized and rewarded.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.