Location: New York
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary engineering firms operating in multiple global markets.
DeSimone provides Professional Services, including Engineering, Forensics, Facades, Field Operation and Risk Management, to a diverse range of clients throughout multiple offices.
The Senior Manager is responsible for performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, assisting with annual budgeting, compiling expenditures reporting, preparing statistical and financial reports for creditors and agencies, maintaining records retention, and assisting the Chief Financial Officer and Controller in preparation of miscellaneous confidential correspondence.
In this role, your responsibilities will include the following
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Utilizes accounting system, billing system, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Provides day-to-day management of accounting and finance teammates (current team of 6).
- Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into the General Ledger.
- Uses statistical, economic and financial principles and techniques to prepare reports
- Provides complex analysis and reasonableness tests to the budgeting process.
- Prepares various financial documents for compliance with regulations.
- Coordinates and maintains miscellaneous reports; verifies all billings are complete and reconciled to the general ledger; and supervises expense report postings.
- Monitors and submits for mailing all periodic financial documents.
- Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer/Controller in compilation of miscellaneous confidential reports.
- Supports and backs up the Payroll Clerk during vacations and absences, maintaining strictest confidentiality.
- Maintains fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate Degree, or above, in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance a plus
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of accounting experience – experience in a professional services firm is preferred
- Proven experience with financial statements
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Proficient in Deltek Vision, Planful and UKG/UltiPro is highly desired.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail are required.
- Previous experience in audit processes and procedures is desirable.
DeSimone is an ever-growing, well established firm with a culture that promotes teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career in a way that suits you.