Location: New York
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Senior Project with structural design experience on mid- to high-rise building projects.
The Senior Project Engineer (SPE) will work directly with a Project Manager to aid in managing the structural design process from project inception through construction. Responsibilities will include completing structural analysis, preparing plans and specifications, reviewing contractor submittals, shop drawings, and RFIs. The SPE will oversee production work of junior engineers and CAD technicians. The SPE will coordinate the structural engineering design with the client, project architects, municipal agencies and other design team members.
- Bachelor of Science in Structural or Civil Engineering or related field
- Ability to perform design and analysis of mid to high rise buildings utilizing software packages such as ETABS, RAM, RISA, and SAFE
- Extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues
- Ability to work in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong interpersonal, problem solving and team skills
- Five years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design of mid- to high-rise buildings
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license or ability to obtain
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more. Please visit our website at www.de-simone.com for more information.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer