Location: New York
DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking a Structural Inspector for our New York office. The Inspector will represent DeSimone at project sites, performing rebar and concrete placement inspections and ensuring compliance with local laws and building codes on mid to high rise buildings. The position also involves filing electronic inspection reports and submitting project photographs. Candidate will use independent problem solving and decision making skills to implement standard inspector procedures. Will work closely with Project Managers and report to the Field Operations Manager.
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or related field
- Minimum three years of special inspection experience in reinforcement layout and concrete placement
- Must be ACI Field Testing Technician Grade 1 and ACI or ICC Concrete Construction Special Inspector certified
- Ability to produce inspection reports and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure timeliness of project completion
- Good verbal and written communication skills, positive demeanor and proactive team player
- Structural Steel inspection certification and experience
- 4-year engineering degree
- Work on platforms and at elevations up to 70-stories-high
- Take hoist (outside elevator) up the building
- Ascend/descent ladders and stairs, bend, and maintain balance while walking on rebars
DeSimone offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurances, 401(k), gym and tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more.
DeSimone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.