DeSimone Consulting Engineers is seeking Facade Waterproofing/Roofing Consultants to join our Miami, Florida office. Qualified candidates should have experience in roofing, above grade/below grade waterproofing, and interfaces with building envelope systems. Candidates should have experience with design and remediation of new and existing commercial buildings.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for waterproofing/roofing system design, specification writing, detail production, submittal review, inspections, and report writing. Consultant will interface with design and construction project teams and assist with development of junior staff technical abilities.
- Produce waterproofing/roofing design deliverables including specifications and details
- Ensure system compliance with local laws and building codes
- Communicate with project management teams and clients
- Develop junior staff waterproofing/roofing design and inspection abilities
- Review junior staff design materials and inspection reports
- Develop office standard waterproofing/roofing system specifications and QA/QC procedures
- Assist and support Direct Report with inspection plan and execution
- Monitor waterproofing/roofing installation progress and field tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in approved discipline, or 5 years applicable experience in roofing/waterproofing observations, inspections, design and contract administration
- Minimum of 5 years waterproofing/roofing consulting/inspection experience.
- Ability to travel to project sites
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Computer skills and experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Word
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- ICC Certifications
- 30-hour OSHA certification