Jeff Dragovich is an Associate in the DeSimone’s Chicago office. He has over 28 years of engineering experience in construction industry, academia, and as a research structural engineer in the National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP) group at the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Mr. Dragovich specializes in performance-based seismic design (PBSD), having worked on many projects in Washington and California since 1998. At DeSimone Consulting Engineering, he focuses his expertise on domestic and international project-based work as well as research and development.
Mr. Dragovich has developed numerous software applications related to structural analysis and the post-processing and interpretation of PBSD nonlinear response history analysis results. He is currently working on the implementation of the American Society of Civil Engineers Prestandard for Performance-Based Wind Design for the design of a 1000-foot residential tower.
Mr. Dragovich was a voting member on the ACI 318-19 subcommittee 318-N “Nonlinear Analysis” which was tasked to develop guidelines for the nonlinear dynamic analysis of reinforced concrete structures. These guidelines appear as Appendix A “Design Verification Using Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis” in the 318-19 Building Code.
Mr. Dragovich earned a Doctor of Philosophy degree and a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Seattle University.
Professional Certifications and Affiliations
- Fellow, American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Voting Member, ACI Sub-Committee 318-H, Seismic Provisions
- Voting Member, ACI Committee 369, Seismic Repair and Rehabilitation
- Voting Member and Past Chair, ACI Committee 374, Performance Based Seismic Design of Concrete Buildings
- Voting Member, ACI Committee 375, Performance-Based Design of Concrete Buildings for Wind Loads
- Member, ASCE/SEI 41 Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings
- Member, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- Member, Structural Engineers Association of Washington
- Member, Structural Engineers Association of California
- State of California Safety Assessment Program (CalOES SAP) Evaluator