- Built in three phases
- Phase 1, the 500,000 sf gaming project, a super-fast-tracked project, completed in just 12 months
- Phase II, “Project Sunburst”, a 5 million sf expansion
- Includes a 34-story, 1,200-room luxury hotel, meeting and function space including the northeast’s largest ballroom, retail shopping and 9 new restaurants.
- Also includes a 10,000-seat arena, gaming space, a 300-seat cabaret, a world-class spa, a business center, an indoor pool and an outdoor terrace
- Phase III, “Project Horizon”, the 1.4 million sf expansion, includes the Casino of the Wind, a House of Blues venue, administrative space, new retail and restaurant space, a Mandara Spa and an adult recreation lounge.
- Also includes back-of-house area, a 5,300-car parking garage and a 43-story, 1,000 room gold englazed hotel tower
- At each phase of this project, the Native American themed elements required specialty design
Building of America 2008 (Mohegan Sun, Casino of the Wind)
New York Construction Awards – Top Project 2008 (Mohegan Sun Expansion)
New York Construction Awards – Silver Award 2002 (Mohegan Sun Phase II)
New York Construction Awards – Mixed-Use Project of the Year 2001 (Mohegan Sun Phase II)