Environmental risk mitigation and response are critical components of post-disaster recovery plans. DeSimone’s Risk Management Practice is strengthened with the relevant environmental expertise to strategically lead recovery activities. This team is closely aligned with all business sectors so that necessary environmental and human health considerations can be vetted. Our licensed and certified professionals have the expertise to support environmental impact assessments and risk management as part of natural disaster impact, response, and recovery efforts.
DeSimone’s capabilities and services include the following:
- Debris removal pre-planning support, including scope and specifications preparation for an emergency or disaster response
- Pre-Positioned Contracts for emergency, or State, or Federally declared disaster events
- Identification and delineation of potential short-term and long-term environmental impacts related to a disaster, including ecological impacts
- Identification, delineation, and prioritization of other traditional environmental pollution impacts
- Evaluating and planning for the potential for adverse and unmitigated environmental impacts from recovery and relief operations
- Third-party oversight, and inspection of disaster recovery operations for compliance with Local, State and Federal safety and environmental regulatory requirements. This includes but is not limited to oversight of temporary debris management area (TDMA) for proper segregation of vegetative debris, C&D debris, potentially hazardous waste, electronic waste, regulated-asbestos containing material (RACM), etc. for off-site disposal at approved facilities in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Environmental risk assessment, management, and risk communication support using state-of-the-art and innovative information technology, satellite remote sensing, geographical information systems (GIS), and social communication systems
- Risk communication and management to trustees and other stakeholders.